Ok so Remote Desktop is a Standard and great feature since XP – but the main Problem is: How do you figure out your IP-Address – so that when you are on the road and you want to access your Computer – how do you do it?
- Go to dyndns.org and register for a Account. (free service)
- Then go and activate a “Host Service” and create a dns of your choice. like “dunno.dyndns.org”
- Go get the Update Client (Support -> Update Client) for Windows.
- Install and run the Client.
- Configure your Router. You have to open Port 3389 and forward it to the IP-address of the mashine you want to access.
- Activate Remote Desktop. (WinXP, rightclick MyComputer – Properties – Remote, Vista, rightclick MyComputer, Properties, Advanced Settings – Remote)
- Test it with another Mashine.